My Diet Plan


Diet is a subject very close to me. Initially, in my early years, I was quite thin.

Then, I slowly started eating more food and started putting on weight. After my first child was born, I went from size S to size XXL.
I maintained my XXL size from here onwards. In the meanwhile, all relatives started commenting that I am going to remain fat now, just like my mother.

That is the time I took some steps towards my journey to reduce weight. I call it a journey because its 20+ years since then and I am now size M but still the journey (to maintain weight) continues 😊

Here are few things I followed during this journey:

1.       I gave up completely on potato chips, cold drinks, fried potato or potato in general.

2.       Cut down on Sweets

3.       I realized that taking unnecessary tensions was causing me to eat more. It was also bloating up my body. That is the time, I decided that I should stop taking tensions.
No tension was big enough at the cost of putting on extra weight in my body!

4.       I gave up eating non-veg. Now I eat only once or twice in a year.

5.       Used less oil/butter in cooking. It helped to reduce my cholesterol also.

6.       I started drinking more water

7.       I couldn’t give up tea. So, I decided to reduce the size of tea. I went and bought myself small cups for tea. Also, I started drinking half cup instead of full cup each time. I reduced the amount of sugar in it.

8.       I started walking, daily for 30-45 mins. Initially when the weight was more, I did some aerobic exercises too.

9.       My last meal, I would eat at 7pm or max by 8pm. I generally eat my last meal before 7:30 pm. After that if I am hungry, I can eat light Chivda, fruit or milk.

10.   I started eating fruits 2 times a day. Any seasonal fruit is good enough, including mangoes.


11.   Started eating dryfruits, dates, black raisins.

12.   Kept the habit of eating something after every 2-3 hours

13.   I stopped overeating. I cut down on my portions little bit.

14.   I liked eating Chapati and Rice both. But eating both at same time was resulting into my overeating. So, I decided to eat either only rice or only chapati at any given meal. That way I could enjoy the taste of both and at the same time it helped towards reducing weight

15.   I stopped eating or reduced the frequency of eating any fried food

16.   Reduced eating outside food

17.   Check my weight every week. So, If my weight shows more in a week, then I take extra care in that week and eat slightly less. Eat less doesn’t mean that I remain hungry. It means eating smaller portion at one time and eating more number of times (i.e. whenever hungry)

18.   Started staying more happy/positive
 
19.   Lately, I have started following the famous proverb, “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”. At breakfast time, I tell my mind that I am the King and eat accordingly. Whereas, at dinner time, I say, I am a Pauper and what do Paupers get for food. I should eat that much quantity only

20.   Offcourse, there are some days when nothing of above works, and I just feel like eating anything that comes in front of me. But I don’t let myself get bogged down due to that. I just start the next day afresh and again start following all my rules.

Friends, due to all these steps I can now proudly say that I feel lighter, fitter and happier.
I am continuing the journey to maintain my current weight. Hope you get some pointers from this. 

If there are any tips which you are following, please share those in the comments section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog